Dewey Beach Paddle Palooza
1st Annual Dewey Beach Paddle & Yoga Festival!
- Full Moon Pre-Party Beach yoga, bonfire & possible moonlight paddle.
- Race Day Yoga (Sunday, 9/11) To register for the race- visit PaddleGuru
All types of watercraft are invited to join in the 2 and 4 mile bay paddle race. We will also have yoga on the beach, led by one of Dewey Beaches own SoulFire Yoga Studio instructors, a hilarious SUP Pup dog competition and a fun kids race event!
Here is what you can get excited about…
- Beach yoga! Everyone is welcome to attend yoga- if you are a registered racer you can attend for free, if you are not racing you are still welcome to come for yoga just select the $20 “Yoga Only” option!
- A kids SUP race….we purposefully put the kids race BEFORE the adults race- we want everyone on the beach cheering these rockstars on!
- 2 and 4-mile paddle race on Rehoboth Bay. Where are my old school SUP racers at?? Remember the days down at Fagers Island? You can anticipate some fun conditions on the Rehoboth Bay!
- Beach start- YESSS…we love a good beach start (and finish).
- SUP Pup Race- this is going to be hilarious! We have a short and fun competition planned for you and your favorite paddle pal! Want to know the best part?? A portion of all SUP Pup registration sales goes directly to Renee’s Rescues. Renee’s Rescues is a non-profit, dog rescue, specializing in the rescue and care of dogs and puppies saved from puppy mills.
- After-party..let’s be honest, this is why we are all here! Join us for some drinks and to celebrate the end of summer! After party will be hosted after the last racer finishes at the Rusty Rudder! Every racer gets one complimentary drink and a light lunch.
Don’t miss the Full Moon pre-party on September 10th….the evening will include Full Moon Beach Yoga and a Bonfire on the beach in Fenwick Island! 🙂 Class begins at 7pm and the bonfire fun will start at 8pm as the full moon begins to rise over the ocean. Depending on the ocean conditions we might do a full moon ocean paddle after yoga, BYOB (and lights) for the paddle.
If you are wanting to race- please register for the race portion of the event on PaddleGuru– this is important for race timing!
Thank you to these generous sponsors for making this event possible!