Come join us this summer to paddle + play at B’More SUP! This fun playshop will be hosted on the quiet waters of Bear Creek in Dundalk.
- 9 Week Program
- 9 Week Program BYOB
- Drop-In Training Session
B’More SUP is excited to kick off our 2020 Summer Race Training program. Our aim is to cultivate a welcoming environment for you to take your paddling to the next level. We have created this focused training program to help experienced paddlers reach your training goals. It doesn’t matter what your goal is or how experienced of a SUP racer you are- we just ask that you come with a specific goal in mind and we will do our best to help you achieve it over our 9-week program.
*Summer Training Begins June 23rd*
Registration Details: Your registration includes 21 coaching sessions over the course of 9 weeks (June 23- August 20). We want to create a team environment so hope that you will be able to attend as many sessions as possible. However, we know life gets in the way sometimes, so, if you have to miss some of the sessions your coach will post a recap of what was taught on our race training Facebook group.
Training Times: Beginning June 23rd, we will meet every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30-7:30pm at B’More SUP and 3 Sunday’s at 7am for a longer training paddle.
- Tuesday’s will be either time trials or technique days. We will cover topics such as race starts (July 7), breaking down the 5 phases of the paddle stroke (June 30), buoy turns (July 21), drafting (July 28) and breathing paddle performance (Aug. 11).
- Thursday’s will be interval training days. These workouts are where we improve our speed and endurance as paddle athletes!
- Sunday’s will be about endurance. We will meet for long paddles on select Sunday’s throughout the training program. You will be given a set course to complete and we will break into groups based on speed. Some of these Sunday’s will be held at different locations to get to test the waters beyond Bear Creek! The Sunday training dates are July 12, August 2 and August 16.
Please note: we are continually monitoring current regulations due to COVID-19. We will make adjustments to our training schedule and format as necessary. Please stay tuned for further updates!
Who is this training program for?
This SUP race training program is for experienced paddlers. You do not have to have prior SUP Race experience, but you should have a desire to challenge yourself and potentially join us for the B’More SUP Cup race on August 22, 2020. We expect to have some return race team members as well as newer racers. This program is designed to get you race ready. If paddle board racing is not your goal, please consider coming to our other SUP fitness classes and programs. If you are simply looking to learn how to stand up paddleboard, please join us for one of our Saturday SUP lesson’s!
Summer Training Cost:
- 9-week program: $375 (includes equipment usage for all 21 training sessions, access to private training team FB group, B’More SUP tank)- less than $18 per session!
- 9-week program, BYOB (bring your own board): $325
- Drop-In Training Session: $30