Are you a motivated hard-worker looking for a fun, outdoor job?
B’More SUP is hiring conscientious individuals to work in an active outdoor adventure business. Candidates must be eager to learn and to work with the public. Positions available include SUP tour guides, rental staff, SUP yoga & fitness instructors, office/reservation assistant, and marketing manager. All jobs may also lead to management positions!
All B’More SUP staff undergo extensive training. Those interested in becoming lead guides or instructors will be required to take a SUP Safety Certification Course and those interested in joining our SUP yoga/fitness team will be required to hold a SUP Yoga/Fitness certification. Safety and Customer Service are our number one priorities! We are looking for friendly people with positive attitudes who are excited about working outside on the water.
All B’More SUP employees must be certified in adult, infant, and child CPR and First Aid.
This position will primarily take place at our Sparrows Point Country Club location, and may possibly include assisting with guided SUP tours depending on the desire of applicant to learn routes, nature, etc. This is a physically demanding job. Applicants must be able to lift paddleboards, equipment, etc. Applicants must be able to paddle efficiently, swim, and work outdoors in very hot and humid conditions.
All B’More SUP team members must know the basics of paddle boarding. We provide the equivalent of a full day of classes/training in the basics of SUP safety. You won’t be paid during this training, but you will receive a discount on the training certification.
Must be at least 16 years old.
Starting* pay $13.00-15.00 per hour, depending on experience. (*We give raises once employees complete training and demonstrate skills such as being a hard-worker, self-starter, reliable, etc. Personal time spent improving paddle boarding skills is a big factor in pay increases.)
· Give basic paddling instructions
· Give boundaries and routes
· Go over safety instructions and weather concerns
· Help customers get fitted in their SUPs
· Assist customers in getting on and off the water from our floating dock
· Perform rescues (when needed)
· Load SUP’s back in shipping container after each rental
· Assist with SUP yoga and fitness instructors in getting their groups on and off the water/getting their equipment ready for class
· Help with any retail purchases before/after rentals
· Clean and maintain SUPs, PFDs, and other equipment
· Maintain a tidy work environment
· Be a sufficient paddler and swimmer
· SUP Safety Certified (not certified? We host a training every summer!)
· Arrive on-time for ever shift and communicate when you leave each day
· Must be able to lift and carry paddleboard (30-40lbs)
SUP Yoga/Fitness Instructor:
We are looking for experienced fitness instructors to join our team and teach on the water this summer! Whether or not you have previous SUP teaching experience, we will teach you all you need to know to take your classes to the water! Yoga, pilates, bootcamp, barre, core, etc….bring your creativity and let’s have fun on the boards this summer!
- Give basic paddling instructions
- Teach an engaging and safe SUP fitness class
- Guide students to their “classroom” on the water
- Go over safety instructions and weather concerns
- Help customers get fitted in their SUPs
- Assist customers in getting on and off the water from our floating dock
- Perform rescues (when needed)
- Load SUP’s back in shipping container after each class
- Help with any retail purchases before/after class
- Take photos during class and post them to our FB page
- CPR/First Aid certified
- SUP Safety Certified (not certified in SUP? We host a training every year. Email us for the info)
- 200 hour yoga or other relevant fitness certification