COVID-19 & RESPONSIBLE PADDLING
Spring Has Sprung And SUP Season Has Begun!
We are excited to get back on the water with our paddle community beginning this weekend! The B’More SUP team has been counting down the days until opening for several weeks now. And we believe that now more than ever, the Baltimore community needs this time on the water to reconnect with nature and find peace and clarity in our minds. Those of you who have paddled with us in the past know that there is a special peace of mind and calmness that comes from a good SUP session on Bear Creek.
And with our excitement to get you on the water, we also want to emphasize that the health and safety of our community is our first priority. We have made several updates to our operations for the 2020 summer season. The below policies will likely be adjusted as the season progresses, but we will always do our part to make your paddle experience the best it can be!
Below is simply an outline of our new policies and procedures, you will also receive reminders in your confirmation emails when you are registered for upcoming classes and board rentals.
On behalf of the entire B’More SUP team, we want you to know how excited we are not only to paddle with you, but also because many of the new policies we are implementing this summer mean that you will get more personalized attention from our instructors and be able to connect with other paddlers in a more meaningful way as our classes will be a much more intimate experience. We look forward to reconnecting on a more personal level with our paddle community this summer.
Updated Policies and Procedures for the 2020 Season:
- Online reservations required– no walk ups for SUP classes, board rentals, lessons or tours
- No late arrivals– we MUST stick with our time slots to ensure we do not have too many people on our dock. Please ensure you arrive at the time of your scheduled class or rental. If you are more than 5 minutes late you will not be able to get on the water.
- Small class sizes– all SUP tours, lessons and fitness classes will be capped at 9 people – this means early booking is essential because classes will fill up quickly!
- Face masks are required when you are on the pier/dock before and after class and whenever you are within 6-feet of others. You may take them off when on the water, paddling at a safe distance from others. You may also take them off once the yoga practice has started (for those of you attending yoga on the pier).
- Online waivers – we have moved all of our waivers online! You will receive a link to complete the waiver in the your confirmation email.
- No personal belongings will be stored in our SUP shed- we will have a basket for you to put your car keys in and you can of course leave shoes and a water bottle outside the shed while you are on the water, but please do not bring any other belongings down to the dock.
- Increased time between sessions to allow for proper cleaning of all equipment- we will be thoroughly cleaning all boards and paddles after each use. In order to accommodate this, we will have a longer times between each scheduled class or paddle session.